Our clients are also invited to purchase the Vacation Rental Protection Plan, provided by Travel Guard. This plan is available for 7% of total reservation cost. Below is a brief summary of the coverages available under this plan. For complete details, please refer to the Description of Coverage prior to purchase.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption
Pays for forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments or deposits due to:
- Sickness, injury or death of the insured, a traveling companion, immediate family member or business partner.
- Severe weather conditions causing delay or cancellation of travel; named hurricane causing cancellation of travel to the insurer's destination that is inaccessible or uninhabitable.
- Your home being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, vandalism, burglary or natural disaster.
- Your receiving a subpoena, or being required to serve on jury duty, having been hijacked or quarantined.
- Military duty; acts of terrorism.
- Employee termination.
- Your being involved in or delayed due to a traffic accident en route to your point of departure.
- Mechanical/equipment failure of a common carrier causing complete cessation of travel.
- Primary or secondary school extending its operating session beyond the scheduled departure date.
- Carrier-caused delays such as mechanical difficulties, unless it causes a complete cessation of services (covered under the Trip Delay benefit of this plan, described below).
- Travel arrangements cancelled by the tour operator, airline or cruise line.
- Change in plans (“I just don’t want to go.”)
- Normal pregnancy or childbirth.
- Financial circumstances (“I can’t afford to go.”)
- Business or contractual obligations (“My boss changed my vacation.”)
- Any government regulation or prohibition, war, civil disorder, nuclear reaction or
$400 Trip Delay
Reimburses up to $100 a day for additional accommodations and traveling expenses (i.e., hotel, rental car, flight-change fees) if delayed for 12 hours or more due to:
- Carrier delay such as mechanical difficulties or weather.
- Lost passport, money or travel documents.
- Natural disaster.
- Injury or sickness of the insured or a traveling companion.
$1,000 Baggage Delay
- It reimburses up to $200 per day for the purchase of essential items (i.e., toiletries) if your bags are delayed for more than 24 hours.
$25,000 Medical Expense
- No daily limits or deductibles.
- Pays for doctor, hospital, ambulance services and prescription medication. Initial treatment must be received during the trip. Pays for covered expenses for up to one year from date of injury/sickness.
- Pays for emergency dental expenses while on your trip.
$500,000 Emergency Medical Transportation
- Evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility when required by an attending physician.
- Medical escort.
- Transportation of remains upon death.
Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Applicable to All Coverages
The insurance above will not pay for loss or expenses incurred as the result of injury or sickness of an insured or family member which manifests itself during the 60 days immediately preceding and including the effective date. That is, unless the condition is controlled through the taking of prescription drugs or medication, and remains controlled throughout the 60-day period. A sickness has manifested itself when: (a) medical care or treatment has been given; or (b) symptoms exist which would cause a reasonably prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment.
In order for the insurance to cover any loss or expenses incurred as a result of injury of an insured or family member that manifests during the 60-day period noted above, the insurance must be purchased within 14 days of your reservation deposit.
24 Hour Assistance Services*
Worldwide Travel and Medical Assistance including:
- Advancement of funds to cover on-site medical expenses.
- Telephone interpretation services in major languages.
- Replacement of lost passport and other incidentals as may be required.
- Assistance to locate local physicians, dentists, or medical facilities.
- Professionals will monitor your condition and contact your personal physician.
- Evacuation to a hospital, treatment facility or back home.
- 24-hour emergency hotline for immediate help with any travel or medical emergency when you need it.
- Concierge Services - assistance with tee time reservations, restaurant referrals and reservations, wireless device assistance, sporting or theater tickets, and more.
- Identity Theft Assistance- assistance in contacting credit card companies, monitoring credit reports and working with local authorities to help with identity restoration.
- Roadside Assistance-assistance with towing, flat tires, fuel delivery, lock-out assistance, battery assistance and collision assistance.
- Pet Return Service-coordination of the return home of pets if sickness or injury causes travel to be interrupted.
* Non-insurance services are provided by Travel Guard Assist.
Effective Date: 12:01 on the day after premium is paid.
Termination Date: All coverage ends on the earlier of (a) the date the trip is completed; (b) the scheduled trip completion date; (c) the insured’s arrival at the return destination on a round trip, or the destination on a one-way trip; (d) cancellation of the trip covered by the policy.
Travel insurance can be added up to 30 days prior to arrival date, or up to the date of final payment, whichever comes first. If selected, insurance coverage will apply to all services and accommodations arranged through Baja-Rentals, with the exception of Golf reservations, which cannot be insured through Baja Rentals.
If you have any questions about coverage, please call Travel Guard at 1-888-409-7749 and refer to product baja-rentals.
This is a brief description of the insurance benefits and travel services provided. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania Insurance Company (NAIC #19445). It is currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. The policies will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. All coverage may not be available in all states. Assistance Services are provided by Travel Guard Assist.